Green Rooﬁng Systems produces green and ecological sedum roof matts.
Our vegetative matts are used in a large number of different kind of projects.They can be
used for rooﬁng, green roundabouts, green sideways of motorways, trackways, between
lines and even for wall facades.
Our beautiful blooming matts offer a lot of advantages both economically and ecologically:
- Clean Air – ﬂora from roofs aspirates carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and excretes
oxygen. Additionally it captures dust from the air, different types of pollen and inﬂuences
atmospheric moisture in the surrounding area.
- Retain Water – sedum type roofs can retain even up to 80% of the rainfall, helping to
manage water outﬂows and sewerage rain systems (it can be very beneﬁcial in a big
cities). The water is absorbed within the system and then gradually used by the ﬂora, it’s
excess slowly evaporates to the atmosphere.
- Save Energy – sedum type roofs increase building insulation. During the summer ﬂora
protects from excessive building overheating and in the winter additionally protects from
cold weather. As a result of that it leads to reduced energy costs when heating of the
building is required.
- Insulate Sounds – the green roof absorbs a lot of surrounding noise, the inside of a
building simply becomes quiet. It is a very positive factor when the building is located near
a bustling road, an airport, tracks or in the city center.
- Improve Surrounding Microclimate
- Extending Life Span of a Roof – green rooﬁng extends life span of the roof by shielding it
from UV light and direct exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures. In most cases a
green rooﬁng extends life span of a roof by two to three times.
- Green Roofs reduce ﬁre risk of a building and signiﬁcantly decrease speed of
ﬂames being spread out.
- Nice and Aesthetic Look – sedum roofs are very spectacular and environment friendly.
Additionally, green color has calming effect and reduces stress level. In the summer matts
bloom colorfully, the visual effect then is even greater.
- Little Care Required – sedum roofs require very small amount of care each year.
- Immediate Effect – by installing the sedum matts we can acheive an immediate effect, a
beautiful green roof in a short space of time.
A very important point for us is to plan each delivery in details. In most cases sedum matts
should be installed within 24 hours from the moment of their collection.
The standard size of a single matt is 1.20m x 2.00m
Other measurements are available on request.